Monday, May 7, 2012

KFF: Vintage Series, outtakes

 Joanna's great post is up today, featuring my photography.
I first saw the film version of Play It As It Lays at a Cinefamily** screening that took place in 2010 at the Silent Movie Theater. It was a rare screening --shown only one night, and having just read the book- I had to attend. Like Joanna, I fell in love with the film, and the brilliant costumes featured throughout. (I previously blogged about seeing the film here). 
It was only later, after I had met Joanna in person and we had become friends, that I found out we had both attended that rare screening that night. I love the idea of us sitting separately in that theater, falling hard for that film, not yet aware of each other's existence, not knowing at that time we would eventually meet and become friends.
After seeing Joanna's initial Vintage Series posts, I approached her about photographing her for future Series posts. One of my goals for this year, is to become a better photographer of people. I was finding my photos sadly absent of the presence of others. Photographing Joanna would be fun and marvelous practice. To my amazement she said yes, and to my excitement she came up with the concept of using Play It As it Lays as a visual & conceptual spring board for the shoot. 
 Of course it had to happen.
Serendipity. Love it. 

Here are some outtakes of Looks 3, and 4 from the Keep Feeling Fascination Vintage Series. Enjoy, and look for Part 2, featuring Look 5, on Thursday of this week on her blog. 


IMG_2422
IMG_2462
IMG_2445
IMG_2446
IMG_2434
IMG_2467
IMG_2484
IMG_2455
IMG_2541IMG_2547


**Dang, it looks like Cinefamily has an excellent May Calendar--Studio Ghilbi Retrospective, Czech Film Festival (Jan Svankmajer!) --I think I need to see Valerie And Her Week of Wonders on the Big Screen!

2 comments:

Natalie (NJ in L.A.) said...

I love Cinefamily & all their amazing events. Joanna is such a beauty!

Vanessa Samp said...

<3 Keep Feeling Fascination! Joanna looks amazing, great shots Jennifer. : )