Thursday, December 15, 2011

Monica De Cardenas Galleria

The reason I was in Switzerland was for my husband Tomory's art opening at the Monica De Cardenas Gallery in Zuoz.

The gallery itself is amazingly beautiful: it is an Engadin (Engadinian?) farmhouse from the 15th century, formerly known as the Chesa Albertini, which was renovated and modified by the architect Hans-Jörg Ruch. Not only did we have the pleasure of experiencing Tomory's paintings in the space- we also stayed at the gallery itself in one of three cabin-like rooms located on the 2nd floor of the gallery.

I'm still very jet-lagged so I am having a difficult time describing the comfortable, elegant, rustic beauty of this space. So I'll just let these images & the links speak for me...


IMG_9997
IMG_9987
IMG_0030
IMG_9988
IMG_0006
IMG_0015
IMG_9995
IMG_0541
IMG_0173
IMG_0104
IMG_0005
IMG_0547

5 comments:

Jaime Rugh said...

Wow- I want to Iive there.

m i l e n a said...

beautiful! you and tomory must have had an amazing time!

Belinda said...

What an incredibly beautiful space.

Anonymous said...

no way! this is simply beautiful. cannot wait to hear more! xo

ilana kohn said...

wow, incredible or magical doesn't even begin to describe that space. i'm such a sucker for old buildings!