Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Peek

IMG_6357

Another glimpse of some ERMIE Fall '11 Textiles...these were all developed from my recent purchases from Kneeland Co. Vintage Berber textiles. Scanned, edited, cropped, enlarged, tweaked, repeated, collaged. Some of the prints capture the nubby texture of the original woven textiles. Others are more like watercolors. You better like color if you are planning to wear ERMIE for Fall :)

IMG_6335
IMG_6330
IMG_6340
IMG_6341_3

IMG_6277

I started goofing off...
There's a photo of Patti Smith I was trying to emulate here...hm. I don't think headbands are for me. I just think of Luke Wilson's character in The Royal Tenenbaums when I look at this photo.

Dress by Ilana Kohn in this photo.


IMG_6342

That's better.

I've been enjoying playing with the color in my photographs lately.
Sometimes I think everything starts to look the same on my blog & in blog-land...so many 'tasteful' photos...it all becomes too homogeneous. So I thought I'd push the envelope a tad with a few of these shots. The color is a little psychedelic here...I was inspired by Billy Name's photographs of the Factory. Would you believe me if I told you I've never tried LSD? Many of my Tumblr followers will be disappointed...


IMG_6316_2

Dirty mirror.

Textile designs © Jennifer Parry Dodge 2011



13 comments:

jen said...

i love your bracelet!

Belinda said...

Look at those two ladies talking about your fall/winter collection. How did they find out about it before we did? I really like how you have combined prints in the dress on the lady on the left.

What a beautiful selection of prints. The print and colours in that top photo of you are my favourite in this lot.

I think you look a bit more Patti Smith than Richie Tenenbaum! And I don't think you need to worry about blending in too much in blogland - this blog and your tumblr definitely stand out.

Heather said...

Lovely, lovely lady. Sign me up for color...

H

jenny gordy said...

you are beautiful, the colors are amazing, and i can never get enough of sneak peeks into your creative process. always inspiring.

Joslyn said...

the fabrics look beautiful...but you look STUNNING...that last shot in the "dirty mirror" especially!

Shayna said...

your blog gets better and better and better. your collection is the same. i love it all. and true, you are quite the stunner, as well. gorgeous.

Joanna said...

soooo beautiful.

i am dying over that last pic of you! you look so pretty!

P R I M O E Z A said...

yeah, that last photo of you is gorgeous. and i love the sketches in the top image. wish i could draw as well as you.

Katie said...

I have to chime in here too -- you look particularly gorgeous in ALL of these shots. Beauts.

Anne-Marie said...

I love that last photograph! Your photos always stand apart for me. I find them very inspiring. This might sound funny, but I look at food very differently now!

Cheryl Cambras said...

Dude, you are rocking the headband. Let's wear them together sometime. I love your new prints! xoxo

Vanessa Samp said...

yes! ! !

Jennifer said...

Well, you ladies sure know how to make a gal feel good!! Thanks for all your generous comments. I'm pleased you like the new prints & the your compliments about my appearance sure gave me an ego boost!

Cheryl, yes, lets wear our head bands together ;)
I think of this when I look at that photo too :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8FK1TQZWTU