Monday, June 20, 2011

Kneeland Co.

IMG_5701
IMG_5696
IMG_5690
IMG_5693
IMG_5700
IMG_5691
IMG_5698

"It's not where you take things from, it's where you take things to." -Jean-Luc Godard

I just returned from my friend Joanna Williams' lovely new office feeling mega-inspired! I finally viewed some of the textiles, clothing and prints she brought back from her recent travels to Morocco & Paris. I purchased a couple of Berber textiles (image #3) that are just stunning. Equally inspiring- and not pictured here -were the botanical paintings, vintage wallpaper samples, and lithographs that Joanna acquired from a Parisian flea market.
Kneeland Co. is Joanna's company which provides visual resources & inspiration for artists and designers in the form of art, textiles, clothing, jewelery and objects that she sources from around the world. Joanna also designs her own original (beautiful!) embellishments (images # 2, 7) that may be purchased as well.
I always love my time spent with Joanna and looking through the Kneeland archives. I come away from our visits feeling renewed-- filled with positive energy and an eagerness to get down to business & create.

Go here for more information and schedule an appointment! Thanks Joanna! xx





4 comments:

Jennifer said...

From what I know of Joanna via other's words, she seems like a wonderful person. Looking at these bits of her workspace, she obviously has a superior eye.

Megan Taylor said...

Godard is always an inspiration!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

So stunning, what a wonderful resource.