Thursday, April 7, 2011

photo-48
photo-49
photo-46
photo-47

I went on a walk up Ave. 51 yesterday just to take a picture of those yellow blooms. Does anyone know what they are? They grow on a spindly tree & are fairly large. Almost the size of my fist.

Hey-
it's Spring!

Thanks for all of the comments on my rant yesterday. Now I have a nice list of pants to try. I'll try to report back on what I find.

Shout-outs to Shara and her husband Chris for mentioning my work on their store's blog. They are doing some nice textile & clothing design themselves under their line Lotfi.

S.W. -Thank-you for mentioning my humble Tumblr. I'm floored & flattered.

To Jamie for getting in touch with me- another textile designer for me to watch & learn from.

Jocy, Whitney, Ingvild Telle and Simple Things: I thank you, I thank you, I thank-you, merci !



Congrats to Renee!



10 comments:

ella said...

They look a bit like vireya rhododendrons :)

Jaime Rugh said...

I second ella-I was going to say so too-
So pretty!
And Thanks for the shout out, so sweet!
I loved your pant rant- you are too funny. I feel the same way. And especially after two c-sections ...eeks!!!
I've done ok with the jcrew matchstick I gotta say.
I'm sure there is a better one out there for but time and money keep me from looking.
I wear through my jeans every few months so have to stay under $ 100 :)
Can't wAit to hear about what you find.
Jaime

Anne Breton said...

They look like "poix de senteur" as we call them in french, I mean the vernacular name...

Shara said...

Thanks for the shout out! So very nice of you :) I was cracking up reading your post about looking for pants too...it is so hard! I have one pair from college with so many holes that I won't give up because they fit so perfectly (they were only $40...but the brand does not exist anymore!).

P R I M O E Z A said...

you must be so happy about the weather changing. ours is in reverse of course.
and thank you for the lovely comment you left me - you almost made me blush ;)

Vanessa Samp said...

ermie your last photo of the sweet pea flowers is tip top! this post of your walk is sweet, thanks! everything looks and feels beautiful.
v

Nicci St. Bruce said...

These are beautiful!

Cate said...

they look like angel trumpets. they come in white and pink as well. however, they only bloom in the evening..
beautiful pics! daffodils, snow drops and tulips are just budding over here... xo

ashley said...

aahhhh spring! i want! miles just interviewed down there, crossing fingers that he gets it :)

jane said...

they are pretty gorgeous. we are still in coats here... happy spring! big hugs jennifer!