Thursday, February 10, 2011

Tell You Today 1 *

Some things I have been meaning to tell you about:

This fragment of a mural on York Blvd. It was once just a portion of a larger mural covering the entire exterior wall of a bakery in my neighborhood. Until someone tagged it, then the building owner painted over the entire mural (with the exception of this portion) in order to cover up the tags.
Sad. Tagging in our neighborhood has been on the increase lately.


IMG_5030

This weathered door. Right near the mural:


IMG_5031

IMG_5032

Carlee's sculpture in our living room. It's so nice to sit on the sofa and look up at it.


IMG_5033

The chicken noodle soup we made yesterday for dinner.
Today I took the leftovers, added more chicken broth, some cumin, chili powder, cayenne, fresh cilantro, and the juice of one lime. And a little bit of Sriracha.
Inspired by Natasha.


IMG_5035

When I'm not feeling well, I like to look at magazines. I bought a copy of House Beautiful for the first time today, because Judi is doing an online monthly feature for them. The theme for this month is pink. It was actually quite inspiring (and made me feel a little better!) to look at all of the colors and patterns in the magazine!

* With thanks to Genevieve.

No comments: