I know Gwyneth and Alexa are in the August issue too, but McMenamy has been a favorite of mine since she first appeared in print in the early '90's. I'll be very happy if I look anything even remotely like this at 46!
Angelina is always such an inspiration to me. I really love how she is trying out new prints, garment shapes, recycling prints from previous seasons, and experimenting with various textile techniques- this season she is doing some hand embroidery!
While I was in Colorado over the weekend, my August J. Crew Catalog came in the mail. I love J. Crew and I have posted images from their lines many, many times. I've worn J. Crew since high school- which was a long time ago! When I get asked about who made an article of clothing I'm wearing, the answer is invariably "J.Crew." Their fall stuff is always the best! The colors, the sweaters, the coats...completely inappropriate for L.A. about 90% of the year, but fashion yearnings are not always practical.
This is what caught my eye from the current J.Crew catalog...along with some images of pieces by independent designers found from my habitual blog-browsing:
1. (Pictured above) This strange shirt-blouse- jacket combo. I can't explain it. Maybe it somehow reminds me ofthis.
2. Not J. Crew but on my wishlist big time. Agate & crochet pendant by the uber-fashionable Brook&Lyn. Her blog is a new favorite. This pendant also seem so desert-y to me. Like something you'd wear while wandering around Joshua Tree with Gram & Keith.
3 & 4. Rimini Cardigan. I prefer it in the Black Pine colorway.
5. I decided I need a black leather jacket. This is a good one!
6. J. Crew has a lot of fantastic black boots and heels this season. I love these fold-over booties. Black heels. Another overdue purchase. Plus they'd look pretty bad-ass with the jacket.
7. Last but not least: Fox Claw Necklace by Odette. Jennifer Sarkilahti is the designer of this line, and also has a fantastic blog filled with beautiful photography you should check out.
I love elastic, or: the ERMIE version of the LBD (actually the base color is more of a charcoal grey, but I digress...)
My husband and I collaborated on this digital print. It is based on one of his collages, which I manipulated a bit to form this print. Right now I'm referring to it as the "Fragment" Print...I love how it looks like an ikat weave from a distance. The dress is 100% cotton, and the design is my own. I was inspired to make it after what I learned from making thisdress. You can wear the halter tied around the neck or discreetly tucked inside for a strapless look.
I think it's the sexiest dress that I have ever made!
I hope to have this in the shop for pre-fall ERMIE soon, in S,M,L. I hope you like it, and I'll keep you posted!
I'm off for a few days in Denver (flying tomorrow, please, please think good, safe travel thoughts for me again, I really DO appreciate it ) , so any orders received from today 7/22/10 through 7/26/10 will be processed 7/27/10. The summer items in the shop are going fast, so if you have your eye on something, don't delay!
1-4: Dinner with my best friend & her son. I need to do this more often with her.
5-8: Dinner we made for my one of my best friends from high school, Cate - potatoes from our garden that ended up on a pizza with Swiss Chard (homegrown), goat cheese, & pesto. We also made a pizza margherita with sauce made from our tomatoes, a salad with yellow beans (from our garden), butter lettuce, radicchio, manchego cheese, & walnuts and a berry & Beaujolais granita with fresh whipped cream & sprigs of mint from the garden.