Thursday, June 3, 2010

If you like it then it's fine.









Another happy accident with the frayed edge blouse- I discovered you can wear the gathered scoop-neck in the front or the back as pictured above !
Link
This past Monday night I made Swiss chard from our garden with butter & cheese, eggplant "caviar" (both recipes from here) and fettuccine with sugo di carne -made with fresh oregano from the garden- from this book.

Note: A non- guilty- pleasure: yes, I was reading Vogue as I waited the 2 hours for the sugo to cook,
and yes I enjoyed it.

A few months ago when the film "An Education" came out- I heard Nick Hornby talking on NPR about the term 'guilty pleasures'- NH: "I don't believe in the term 'guilty pleasures' -- either you like it or you don't like it and if you like it then it's fine. "

Yeah, I'm trying to go with that philosophy. No more guilt- in terms of pleasure or otherwise!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, yes!
your philosophy is my philosophy ...